WOOHOO YA GIRL IS FINALLY 20!
After what feels like possibly the longest, busiest year of my life (in a good way) my final year of being a teenager has come to a close and here I am ready to take on my 20’s the only way I know how; which will probably include falling arse over tit, making a twat of myself in public at some point and continuing to be myself at all costs.
So, here are the 20 things I have learnt in my 20 years on this world;
- Not everyone is going to like you (Once you realise this, the feeling of not giving a shit is wonderful)
- Make time for yourself (I feel like this is such on obvious one but you’ll feel so much better after some “me” time.
- Brows make a difference. Maybe it’s just me but I always feel my best when my brows are on.
- SAVE. This is something I’ve only started doing recently but it is SO handy to have money aside because you never know when you’ll need emergency funds.
- FOLLOW YOUR HEART – If something feels right, career wise or other. Do it.
- Melted chocolate is the best snack
- Family is everything. I am very lucky to have such a loving and supportive family in both my own and my boyfriends.
- Make time for people. Friends or family. They are important to your sanity!
- Steam clean your floor. You will not regret it.
- It’s okay to buy yourself that something nice, just don’t go overboard on the spending!
- Work hard. I always feel better knowing I put my best work forward
- 99% of leggings are see through when you bend over, always wear a top that covers your bum.
- Wash your makeup brushes often. Yes, it’s a chore but is there many things more satisfying than a clean brush collection? no.
- Pee after sex. No sex is worth a UTI.
- ALWAYS buy good quality razors for shaving, nobody needs a rough shave anywhere!
- You don’t need to know everything, it is perfectly ok to not know certain things in life.
- Buy big black Bridget Jones granny pants from Primark for “that” time in your cycle, it’ll save you from ruining your Calvin Kleins every month
- Indulge in crappy TV. Nothings help me destress more than curling up on the sofa watching Love Island.
- STOP trying to please everyone. It is physically not achievable so only do what’s right for you.
- Macaroni cheese and chunky oven chips are the ultimate indulge food.